The Active Learning Center
We welcome your student to join our 21st Century intellectual social arena, where learning is collaborative and fun.
How do you study best?
Is it the library or the local eatery? Let us suggest combining the two! Like the modern Student Center at most universities, we have created a 21st Century intellectual social arena for students to come together and learn. Our Active Learning Center is made up of multi-functional classrooms, lecture rooms, gathering spaces, group study and dynamic learning spaces.
- ANNUAL MEMBERSHIPS to the Learning Center are available to all Middle and High School Students, and are included with all service packages. A nominal drop-in fee allows access for non-members.
- THE ACTIVE LEARNING CENTER IS EQUIPPED with Television screens with Apple TV technology sharing, internet hard-wired Apple Computers, free wifi internet access, and a wireless printer.
- YOUR EFFORTS WILL BE SUPPORTED with white boards, flip charts, drawing tables, and basic homework supplies. Academic reference books and journals available, along with on-site keyboard & guitar.
- MODERN FURNITURE is designed to keep your mind and body active, including Sit-Stand Desks, Zenergy Balls, Buoy & Swivel Node Chairs, rotating stools, and an array of mobile desks.
- SPECIAL ACCESSORIES include Pod Chairs for alone time, Rock Pillows to lounge in comfort, and The Learning Center Wall for creative expression.
- ELECTRONIC CHECK-IN/OUT SYSTEM provides accountability on student participation in the Learning Center. A parent will receive an e-mail alerting them to your time spent on site.
- ON-LINE SCHEDULING allows for easy access to tutors, classes, and advisor meetings. You can make your own appointments that best fit into your schedule.
- REFUEL with an array of beverages and healthy fruit and snacks which are available for purchase. Free dispensed water and fresh popcorn always available.
Learning Center Spaces
The Active Learning Center will allow you to gather in cooperative work areas and informal learning spaces. Work areas are easily converted to suit your purposes, and include multi-level seating. This is intended to foster your participation in a collaborative 21st Century learning and work environment. Read more about our unique and colorful rooms…
Casual living space intended for individual study. Can also be used for group discussions, study sessions, informal gathering, and integrated technology.
Office structure intended for individual homework. Can also be used for personal studying, 1-on-1 assistance, partner work, and integrated technology.
Academic Skills Station
High-top cafe style intended for group skills sessions. Can also be used for group teaching, projects or studying, partner or individual homework, and informal gathering.
Pod Chairs intended for private time. Can also be used for individual reading/ homework, personal studying, and creative expression.
Lecture space intended for test prep classes. Can also be used for formal lectures, group study, integrated technology, informal gathering, and movies.
Living room style intended for private conversation. Can also be used for clinical discussions, individual study, partner work, and 1-on-1 tutoring.
Team Project Room
Modern glass office with multi-level work space intended for group projects. Can also be used for class instruction & tutoring, group study, and integrated technology.
Classroom setting intended for group instruction. Can also be used for group study & projects, and individual or group tutoring.
Music/Art room intended for individual lessons. Can also be used for individual or group projects, personal creativity, or group instruction.
Board room style intended for integrated technology. Can also be used for class instruction, group projects or study sessions, individual or group tutoring.